AimsThe national curriculum for mathematics aims to ensure that all pupils:
Become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics,
including through varied and frequent practice with increasingly complex problems over time, so that pupils develop conceptual understanding and the ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly and accurately
Reason mathematically by following a line of enquiry,
conjecturing relationships and generalisations, and developing
an argument, justification or proof using mathematical language
Can solve problems by applying their mathematics
to a variety of routine and non-routine problems with increasing sophistication, including breaking down problems into a series of simpler steps and persevering in seeking solutions.
KS 1 Programme of Study
- Number - number and place value
- Number - addition and subtraction
- Number - multiplication and division
- Number - fractions
- Geometry - properties of shapes
- Geometry - position and direction
Our Course Methodology
- Making sure the students have a clear understanding of Numbers, Fractions, Geometry, Statistics in year 2 the building blocks of the subject.
- Student should be able to Understand and know how to apply your knowledge.
- Enable the pupils to apply their knowledge from across the syllabus, when answering the question.
The Course is taught by highly experienced teachers having more than 10 years of experience. The courses have been created using rich teaching and academic experience. The courses are aligned with the National Curriculum. Each course provides students with valuable knowledge along with specialist examination techniques.
The students at school are taught in overcrowded classes consisting of 25-30 students, which does not allow the teacher to give more than two minutes to each student. At StudyUniv our group size is of 4-5 students, which ensures that :- - Each student is given individual attention - It encourages students to ask questions during lessons
The student receives homework for every lesson to ensure that the student has learned whatever is taught. The progress of each and every student is monitored regularly through test both in form of written and verbal at the end of each class. This ensures that the topic delivered by the teacher has been properly understood by the student or not. We provide regular feedback to the parents in form of reports showing progress of student every quarter.